Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. I make a small amount of money if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you. I use all these companies myself and only recommend those I trust. If you have any questions about any of it, email me. I’m happy to answer any questions. Thanks!
Business Training & Books
- Fizzle-Fizzle is an amazing resource for how to build a business around something that you love. They have 40+ courses and a great community. Corbett Barr, Chase Reeves and Steph Crowder entertain, teach and inspire me almost daily. They also have a weekly podcast called the Fizzle Show that I never miss. Try them out.
These books about business, creativity and harnessing the Universe have inspired me and kept my chin up:
- You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- How To Blog For Profit (Without Selling Your Soul) by Ruth Soukup
- Choose Yourself by James Altucher
- $100 Startup by Chris Guillebeau
- Leveraging the Universe by Mike Dooley
- How To Start a Profitable Travel Blog: A FREE 8-Day Email Series -this is our free 8-day series to help you start that travel blog you always wanted to start.
- WordPress-This is the platform that I use and that many other bloggers use. I find it easy to work with and there are lots of plugins to make it easy to do the things you want to do with your blog. And it’s free and there is great support.
- Squarespace– I used Squarespace for a time but found it limiting. It IS an easy way to get online. It costs $18 billed annually or $26 billed per month which covers your domain, hosting and great support.
- Blue Host -Is an easy and affordable way to host your blog. It costs $2.99/month if you pay for it annually. They provide great support and are a good starter host.
- Namecheap -I love this domain company. I like to keep my hosting and domains separate in case I need to change companies for some reason. They have stellar support. The cost for a (dot) com domain is $10.99 per year.
- Cloudflare-protects your site from hackers and speeds up your website. It’s easy to use and to set up. All you have to do is sign up for a free account and tell them the URL of your site. They take care of the rest.
- Genesis Framework From Studiopress – Genesis is more a framework than a theme. It’s a platform which helps you quickly and easily build secure and SEO optimized websites on WordPress
- Restored 316 – I love the themes from Restored 316. The themes require the Genesis Framework. They have a lot of really nice themes for the “female entrepreneur”. They also have good customer service and I like the way they can be customized to fit your business.
- Hello You Designs-https://helloyoudesigns.com/
- Akismet – Protects your blog from comment spam.
- Ninja Forms – FREE form creation plugin that is both easy and intuitive.
- Pretty Link Lite – Shrink, beautify, track, manage and share any URL on or off of your WordPress website. Create links that look how you want using your own domain name!
- Simple Social Icons – Simple Social Icons is an easy to use, customizable way to display icons that link visitors to your various social profiles.
- SumoMe – SumoMe provides free tools you need to grow your WordPress site. This plugin will make it easy for your readers to join your email list, share your articles and optimize with analytics.
- W3 Total Cache – W3 Total Cache improves the SEO and user experience of your site by increasing website performance, reducing download times via features like content delivery network (CDN) integration.
- Yoast SEO – Improve your WordPress SEO: Write better content and have a fully optimized WordPress site.
- Mailchimp – An easy and free way to get started growing your email list. design is great, the price is reasonable and they make it easy to create good looking email newsletters.
- ConvertKit – Convert Kit helps you manage your email list more effectively. It was built by a blogger especially for bloggers.
- Sumo Me – A FREE suite of marketing tools to help you grow your email list. Get more customers, grow your traffic and then track your success.